PROJECT MANAGER, CONSTRUCTION
Based in Grants Pass, Oregon
Join our 75-year heritage of building Southern Oregon as a Project Manager with Ausland Group. You’ll work directly for the CEO, be positioned for career growth, and have the flexibility in your position that only a small family-owned business can provide. Our backlog includes flagship projects at both Crater Lake National Park and the Oregon Caves National Monument.
What you’ll do:
- Lead commercial building construction / remodel projects.
- Serve as client point of contact, developing and maintaining positive relationships within both project and community.
- Work along-side an integrated team of architects and engineers
- Assist or take the lead in estimating a project, as needed.
- Manage all job cost related financial tools and functions, including schedule of values formation, budget, cost, forecasting, and pay applications.
- Secure complete buyout of project by developing agreements for subcontractors, suppliers, and self-perform crews.
- Foster positive relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, craft persons, and owners with pro-active, positive communication.
- Develop and maintain critical path schedules
- Develop and implement a quality control plan for projects
- Oversee and in some cases perform Project Engineering functions, such as management of RFI, meetings, and submittal processes.
- Supervise assigned project superintendents, foreman, and project engineers.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor progress billings.
- Oversee and implement company and project policies.
- Ensure project closeout is timely and complete.
Who you'll work for:
Ausland Group has a 75-year heritage of transforming communities through our award-winning commercial design, construction, and development operations. You will be joining a team of highly accomplished professionals, committed to our vision of delivering “world-class development, locally-scaled to our communities.” Ausland is in integrated company offering architecture and engineering with our construction services.
Our team is recognized for our accomplishments, including, “Excellence in Family Business Award” from the Oregon State Center for Family Enterprise (2021), “Best Large Company” by the Grants Pass & Josephine County Chamber of Commerce (2022), and “Oregon’s Top 100 Companies to Work For” by the Daily Journal of Commerce.
What you’ll bring:
- Preferably a B.S. in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in organizing technical data in a neat and accurate method.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams).
- Experience with CPM scheduling software (i.e. Primavera) and Project Management Software (i.e. ProCore)
- Strong community ties in one of our primary markets, and/or ability to form connections for assisting the company in earning both repeat and new work.
- 30-hour OSHA training (within six months of hire)
- LEED AP or LEED training (encouraged but not mandatory)
- BIM training is encouraged
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, climb stairs, climb ladder
- Hands/Arms: Constant use of hands/fingers for mouse/keyboard/computer use
- Vision: Visual acuity in near, mid and far range vision. Color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, hand/eye coordination
- Hearing: Sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone and computer; sufficient to hear alarms on equipment
- Speech: Sufficient to make oneself heard in person, speak in front of groups, and be understood over the telephone and radio
- Lift/Carry: Up to 50lb
- Highly Competitive salary
- Dedicated vehicle
- Health Insurance
- Life insurance policy
- 401K and company matching program
- Holidays, Paid Time Off
- Professional development, mentoring
- Safety training
- Flexible work environment accommodations, valuing work-life balance
- Exceptional company culture and fun! Company celebrations and social events
- And much more…
Equal Opportunity Employer :
Ausland is an equal opportunity employer. We revel in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com or call Ausland’s People Success Department at 541 476 3788.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume. We look forward to connecting with you!