If you are a Commercial Construction Foreman and aspire to join a company focused on delivering world-class design and construction, locally scaled - we can’t wait to hear from you!
The Foreman is the driving force of field production and crew management. They are responsible for the quality completion of jobs and accountable for tasks delegated to them by the project Supervisor. In the performance of this function, it is the Foreman’s responsibility to protect and promote Ausland’s interests in all matters. And to do whatever is reasonably necessary to execute Foreman’s duties and responsibilities.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership and Supervision of Crews
- Lead members of a production crew to demonstrate safe and efficient construction practices and equipment use.
- Direct the work of onsite crew members as specified by Superintendent.
- Train laborers in the correct way to perform tasks and continually verify their progress.
- Provide individual feedback on the crew performance and suggest ways to improve.
- Address issues with crew members promptly and report policy violations immediately to Field Manager or other administration staff as appropriate.
- Serve as a first line communicator to field staff on project site, communicating company information to crews while supporting and advancing company values and standards.
- Support crew members in their career endeavors, recommending employees for promotion and/or advancement.
- Ensure high performance/progressive production and completion of work in harmony with cost, quality and quantity factors. Methods expected include:
- Study and become intimately familiar with construction documents days or weeks (as appropriate) ahead of work. Seek resolution of questions before work must begin.
- Plan resources required (labor, equipment, materials, incidentals) well ahead of work to ensure uninterrupted flow.
- Work late and early (before and after field crews) as necessary to ensure all resources (labor, equipment, materials, incidentals) are on site and ready to ensure uninterrupted flow of work.
- Leverage crews (laborers and skilled trades) to ensure maximum effectiveness and value.
- Communicate job requirements to crew before beginning work emphasizing special needs of clients.
- Ensure that trailers, trucks and equipment are in proper and safe working condition at the end of the day ready for use the following morning.
- Keep Superintendent informed of progress, issues, etc. throughout the day and recommend reasonable adjustments to plan necessary to complete daily goals.
- Keep equipment clean and orderly.
- Establish and maintain Ausland’s administrative procedures as they relate to the project, including, but not limited to: job costing, purchase orders, equipment tracking, time card reporting, etc.
- Report all truck, trailer or equipment damage immediately to the Field Manager and administrative staff, as appropriate.
- Hold weekly “tool box talk” safety meetings with Ausland staff.
- Enforce company standards of site cleanliness, safety, health, and substance abuse.
- Oversee implementation and ongoing compliance with project safety requirements: i.e.: project specific safety plans, fall protection plans, MSDS documentation, etc.
- Promote the safe and efficient use of equipment, trucks and trailers, advancing a culture of safety.
- Report all injuries promptly to the Superintendent, Filed Manager and Administrative staff, as appropriate.
- Be responsible for work layout.
- Maintain up-to-date as-built documents.
- Work with Superintendent to schedule prescribed (or necessary) quality control measures.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Outstanding plan reading and interpretation skills.
- Strong task level supervisory and leadership skills.
- Confident and firm (yet fair) demeanor.
- Broad knowledge of building and/or industrial construction.
- Broad knowledge of tools and equipment regularly used in commercial construction industry.
- Layout skills: use of common automatic levels and transits.
- Understanding of commercial safety standards.
- Ability to apply basic mathematic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift and move up to 45 lbs. occasionally.
- Sitting (or driving) in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), i.e.: using a keyboard.
- Communication using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about a construction site including, but not limited to: climbing ladders and scaffold, and walk over uneven terrain.
EDUCATION / CREDENTIALS / LICENSES
- High school diploma or equivalent, and
- At least two years of progressive experience in commercial construction field labor supervision.
- Valid driver’s license and reasonable driving record
- 10 hour OSHA training
REWARDS / BENEFITS / COMPENSATION
Opportunity to work in a professional, growing construction company with continued exposure to marquee construction projects. Benefits include competitive salary, bonus potential, Health benefits (medical, dental, vision), life and ADD insurance, HSA-Health Savings Account, PTO-Paid Time Off, Health club membership, 401k retirement plan plus employer matching, employee training, and company social events.
Ausland Group is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all individuals including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.