If you are a Commercial Construction Project Manager and aspire to join a company focused on delivering world-class design and construction, locally scaled - we can’t wait to hear from you!
It is the responsibility of the Commercial Construction Project Manager to lead (organize, supervise and coordinate) the project and the on-site staff (daily communication with superintendents on each operating project is expected) in order to complete the work ahead of schedule, under budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. It is also the Commercial Construction Project Manager’s responsibility to serve as the Ausland representative with respect to the Owner/Designer/Builder team. In the performance of this function, it is the Commercial Construction Project Manager’s responsibility to protect and promote Ausland’s interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to execute the duties and responsibilities assigned which include, but are not limited to, the following.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead creation of work plans and CPM schedules in collaboration with estimating and other project staff.
- Manage administration of CPM schedules in collaboration with project team.
- Inspire/lead entire project team for the most expedient production and completion of work in harmony with cost, quality and quantity factors.
- Oversee high performance/progressive production of field staff through close collaboration with Superintendent.
- Monitor and control cost through proactive management.
- Provide leadership to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with all those involved in the project.
- Meet at regular intervals with the Owner and Designer to keep them current to the status/progress of the work.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the contract documents, prime contract, and subcontracts.
- Organize and train the on-site staff to the requirements of the project, and to assure that those individuals whose functions require the knowledge and understanding of certain documents and procedures, receive and understand that information.
- In collaboration with estimating and project team ensure drawings and specifications are examined, prior to beginning construction, for design deficiencies, impractical details, and possible code violations. Through proper channels bring deficiencies to timely resolution.
- Ensure that requisitions for subcontracts and purchase orders are prepared and submitted on a timely basis, including negotiation and drafting of agreements in collaboration with estimating staff.
- Assist site staff in the expedition and coordination of supply of materials, equipment, and labor.
- See that the prescribed (or necessary) quality control measures are implemented and maintained.
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining timely, orderly, and efficient project document flow [i.e.: RFIs, submittals, change orders]
- Manage change order process, including: estimating, pricing, narrative drafting, and negotiation.
- Manage initial client, trade contractor, and supplier dispute resolution.
- Protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality.
- Assure each project staff member understands their responsibilities.
- Oversee implementation and ongoing compliance with project safety requirements: i.e.: project specific safety plans, fall protection plans, SDS documentation, etc.
- To establish and maintain AUSLAND’S administrative procedures as they relate to the project, including, but not limited to:
- Applications for payment – assist administration to authorize and expedite payments from Owners and to subcontractors.
- Project status – work with Project Executive to ensure management is informed as to the progress of the project, its financial status and current Owner and Designer relations.
- Risk management – assist administration to ensure various risk management functions: insurance, safety, labor relations and State or Federal government wage or employment regulations are met.
- Forecasting – work with Project Executive to update/reconcile cost forecasts.
- Changes – ensure that additional project costs are claimed, submitted, and accounted for in a timely manner.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong project level supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficiency with typical industry software, such as:
- Sage Timberline
- Primavera Scheduling Software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adaptability to work within various project delivery models.
- Ability to type/key a minimum of thirty (30) words per minute.
- Proficiency in business English.
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities, work under pressure, meet deadlines.
- Ability to lift and move up to 45 lbs. occasionally.
- Sitting (or driving) in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), i.e.: using a keyboard.
- Communication using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about a construction site including, but not limited to: climbing ladders and scaffold, and walk over uneven terrain.
EDUCATION / CREDENTIAL / LICENSES
- CPR/AED certificate (within six months of hire)
- 30 hour OSHA training (within six months of hire)
- LEED AP or LEED training (encouraged but not mandatory)
- BIM training is encouraged (encouraged but not mandatory)
- Valid driver’s license and reasonable driving record
Any combination of the following ideal education and experience deemed equivalent may be considered:
- BS degree in construction management or civil engineering from an ACCE or ABET accredited institution,
- and at least five years of progressive experience in commercial construction project management.
REWARDS / BENEFITS /COMPENSATION
Opportunity to work in a professional, growing construction company with continued exposure to marquee construction projects. Benefits include competitive salary, bonus potential, Health benefits (medical, dental, vision), life and ADD insurance, HSA-Health Savings Account, PTO-Paid Time Off, Health club membership, 401k retirement plan plus employer matching, employee training, and company social events.