Looking for a better work/life balance? A place with whitewater rafting, fly-fishing, and cultural festivals…free of traffic-jams? Escape to a better life in Oregon!
The Estimator is responsible for oversight of the estimating process for all construction projects at Ausland. This includes the development of initial schedules, work plans, subcontracting plans, and material procurement for projects to be transitioned to the Project Management team for buyout and construction.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The position will report to the President for supervision, and to the CEO for Risk Management/Final Bid Reviews.
- Lead and execute estimating processes to ensure that bids/estimates are comprehensive, manage risk, and completed on-time.
- Drive competitive results for estimating endeavors, with a winning attitude.
- Prepare estimates at different stages of design for a variety of delivery methods (GC, D-B, and CM-GC).
- Assign estimating requirements to support staff for each project, based on schedule and needs.
- Coordinate technical proposal requirements with business development/marketing departments.
- Develop initial project schedules and work plans, as required for strategy and value-based bidding.
- Communicate project risks and approach to risks to President/CEO.
- Build positive relationships and alliances with subcontractor and supplier community.
- Develop scope letters with qualifications/assumptions to accompany estimates, and assist with proposal presentation.
- Perform detailed quantity-takeoff, labor estimates, and work plans for self-perform scopes of work (carpentry and concrete).
- Maintain & update on a quarterly basis the databases used for conceptual and hard bids within the precision.
- Provide value analysis of plans & specifications including coordination, completeness, & clarity.
- Actively participate in industry, client and community relations to enhance company image.
- Travel to job-sites for bid-walks.
- Supervise Bid Administrator if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 10+ years experience in Commercial Building or Industrial Construction Industry.
- 5+ years experience in construction Cost Estimating of projects of various sizes, from $500,000 to over $10,000,000.
- Ability to quickly read and understand blueprints/plans.
- Thorough knowledge of building technologies and practices including Green building.
- Ability to define schedules and job sequencing.
- Ability to see difficult problems in the planning phase.
- Strong executive presence with an ability to build relationships in a professional manner.
- Team player with ability to collaborate with a wide variety of personnel.
- Ability to work with a high volume of work within tight deadlines, and thrive under pressure.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, Scheduling, and Estimating software. We are willing to train in Sage Timberline Project Management software
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
- Consistently meets deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude with the energy to fulfill all job responsibilities with integrity and excellence.
- Ability to lift and move up to 45 lbs. occasionally.
- Sitting (or driving) in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), i.e.: using a keyboard.
- Communication using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about.
EDUCATION / CREDENTIALS / LICENSES
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, construction management, or related major.
- Valid driver’s license and reasonable driving record
REWARDS / BENEFITS / COMPENSATION
Opportunity to work in a stable, professional, growing construction company with continued exposure to marquee construction projects. Benefits include competitive salary, bonus potential, Health benefits (medical, dental, vision), life and ADD insurance, HSA-Health Savings Account, PTO-Paid Time Off, Health club membership, 401k retirement plan plus employer matching, employee training, and company social events.
Ausland Group is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all individuals including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.