Provide civil engineering design for schematic level drawings through construction documents. Assist with daily coordination and collaboration of in-house multi-disciplinary design staff and outside consultants for commercial, industrial, and residential building projects.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with multi-disciplinary design process to ensure compliance with cost, time, quality, and quantity objectives.
- Maintain high satisfaction of clients through superior service, timely production, prompt responsiveness, and thorough understanding of client objectives.
- Foster coordination and collaboration with all project team members.
- Assist development team with feasibility analysis and pro-forma creation.
- Assist with preparation of proposals.
- Coordinate scoping and selection of consultants.
- Perform engineering of commercial, residential, and industrial sites which includes site layout, permitting, land use planning, grading, parking lot design, erosion control, storm drainage design, water distribution systems, and sanitary sewer collection systems.
- Prepare and seal civil construction drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrate ability to work within standard engineering practices and exhibit consistent technical accuracy.
- Develop and draft construction documents in CAD (preferably Autodesk Civil 3D).
- Identify problems, evaluate solutions & alternatives, and resolve technical issues.
- Communicate and interface with other engineering and architecture disciplines.
- Demonstrate ability to execute work in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Coordinate with local municipalities for planning and permitting.
- Perform take-offs and estimates of civil engineering work.
- Preparing permit submittal packages
- Printing/Plotting drawings.
- Thorough understanding of engineering codes.
- Strong organization, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of civil construction, details, materials & methods
- Proven ability to create cost-effective creative design solutions.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and workflows, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat preferred.)
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Sitting (or driving) in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), i.e.: using a keyboard.
- Communication using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about.
- 3-5 years minimum design experience.
- 3-5 years of experience using AutoCAD software (Civil 3D preferred).
- Bachelor's of Science, Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineers License in the State of Oregon (or ability to receive within 6-months of hire).
- Valid driver’s license and reasonable driving record
Opportunity to work in a professional, growing construction company with continued exposure to marquee construction projects. Benefits include competitive salary, bonus potential, Health benefits (medical, dental, vision), life and ADD insurance, HSA-Health Savings Account, PTO-Paid Time Off, Health club membership, 401k retirement plan plus employer matching, employee training, and company social events.