Becoming a part of the Ausland team means leading world-class development teams, locally scaled to our community. We believe One Team, Start-to-Finish, delivers amazing results. So if you are tired of architects, engineers, and contractors, all working in their silos….keep reading!
The Sr. Engineering Manager will perform Civil Engineering Design, while also managing our in-house team of civil engineers, structural engineers, surveyors, design technicians, and a land use specialist. Reporting to the Director of Design, the Sr. Engineering Manager will collaborate closely with architecture and construction team members with the purpose of delivering exceptional project results.
Be a part of transformational design-build projects by inquiring now! We are excited to hear from you.
JOB POSITION OVERVIEW
Provide Civil Engineering Design, Project Management, and Management over a growing team of professionals (Civil/Structural/Survey/Land Use Team), including:
- Be driving force to foster creative and collaborative project teams.
- Lead civil engineering design for design-build commercial building projects, and stand-alone civil projects (public works design, subdivisions, etc.)
- Lead overall design process to ensure compliance with cost, time, quality and quantity objectives. (business framing, budgets, priorities, scheduling, staffing, etc.)
- Supervise and manage preparation of plans, drawings, details, and specifications.
- Manage project Quality Assurance / Quality Control for optimum coordination and constructibility.
- Work with senior management to execute corporate global objectives, specifically driving innovative and integrated design-build teams.
- Consistently work to improve project results through integration and innovation with construction team.
- Work closely with Customer Success Department to conceptualize projects, respond to proposals, and negotiate contracts.
- Represent Ausland to clients and community in a positive “world-class” manner.
- Maintain company tracking of regulatory review for all Ausland Design-Build projects.
- Exceptional Civil Engineering and Project Management skills.
- Strong organization, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering design, including surveying, storm drain design, pavement plans, grading plans, utility design, LID methodologies, etc.
- Proven ability to create cost-effective creative design solutions.
- Five years or greater experience managing design staff.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and workflows, and meet deadlines.
- Strong project level supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient in Oregon Land Use laws and entitlement processes.
- Proficiency with typical industry software, including AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Proficiency in business English.
- 4-10 years civil engineering & management experience.
- Five years or greater experience in Civil Engineering on Commercial Building projects
- Certificate or degree related to Civil Engineering
- Valid State of Oregon Professional Engineering License
- Valid driver’s license and reasonable driving record
- Ability to walk project sites, climb ladders, and lift 45lbs occasionally
Opportunity to work in a professional, growing construction company with continued exposure to marquee construction projects. Benefits include competitive salary, bonus potential, health benefits (medical, dental, vision), life and ADD insurance, HSA-Health Savings Account, PTO-Paid Time Off, Health club membership, 401k retirement plan (plus employer matching), employee training, and company social events.