PROJECT MANAGER, CONSTRUCTION
Ausland Group is seeking a Project Manager with 5 – 15 years of experience to lead commercial construction projects in the South Willamette Valley and Southern Oregon region. You’ll earn highly competitive pay, work directly for the CEO, be positioned for career growth, and have the independence in your position that only a small family-owned business can provide. Current projects range from new offices and school buildings to flagship projects at Crater Lake National Park and Oregon Caves National Monument.
Who we are:
Ausland Group has a 75-year heritage of transforming communities through our award-winning commercial design, construction, and development operations. You will be joining a team of highly accomplished professionals, committed to our vision of delivering “world-class development, locally-scaled to our communities.” Ausland is in integrated company offering architecture and engineering with our construction services.
Our integrated team provides outstanding results to clients and is recognized regionally for our accomplishments, including, “Excellence in Family Business Award” from the Oregon State Center for Family Enterprise (2021), “Best Large Company” by the Grants Pass & Josephine County Chamber of Commerce (2022), and “Oregon’s Top 100 Companies to Work For” by the Daily Journal of Commerce.
Job Position Summary:
As Project Manager, you will serve as the team lead and be responsible for overall management of one or more construction projects and be a valuable member of our leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- Lead execution of commercial building project(s), ensuring on-time, and within-budget delivery.
- Serve as primary client interface, developing and maintaining positive relationships within both project and community.
- Work within a variety of project delivery methods, including hard bid, design-build, CM-GC.
- Develop and maintain Master Schedule (CPM) for all active projects
- Assist or take the lead in estimating a project, as needed.
- Manage all job cost related financial tools and functions, including schedule of values formation, budget, cost, forecasting, and pay applications.
- Secure complete buyout of project by developing agreements for subcontractors, suppliers, and self-perform crews.
- Foster positive relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, craft persons, and owners with pro-active, positive communication.
- Develop and implement a QA/QC plan to ensure plans are built according to contract documents.
- Oversee and in some cases perform Project Engineering functions, such as management of RFI, meetings, and submittal processes.
- Supervise assigned project superintendents, foreman, and project engineers.
- Oversee efficient use of Purchase Orders and approves corresponding invoices
- Reviews and approves subcontractor progress billings.
- Oversee and implement company and project policies.
- Ensure project closeout is timely and complete.
What’ you’ll bring:
- An educational background in construction, such as a Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Civil Engineer, Architecture, or equivalent degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in organizing technical data in a neat and accurate method, including familiarity with CSI specification system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams) and Blue Beam.
- Experience with CPM scheduling software (i.e. Primavera) and Project Management Software (i.e. ProCore)
- Strong community ties in one of our primary markets, and/or ability to form connections for assisting the company in earning both repeat and new work.
- 30-hour OSHA training (within six months of hire)
- LEED AP or LEED training (encouraged but not mandatory)
- BIM training is encouraged
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, climb stairs, climb ladder
- Hands/Arms: Constant use of hands/fingers for mouse/keyboard/computer use
- Vision: Visual acuity in near, mid and far range vision. Color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, hand/eye coordination
- Hearing: Sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone and computer; sufficient to hear alarms on equipment
- Speech: Sufficient to make oneself heard in person, speak in front of groups, and be understood over the telephone and radio
- Lift/Carry: Up to 50lb
Our Mission: To make clients prosper through development services for buildings, structures, urban places, and civil infrastructure.
Our Vision: To bring world-class development, locally scaled for our community.
Our Core Values: integration, innovation, resourcefulness, and tenacity.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- $50,000 life insurance policy
- 401K and company matching program
- Dedicated vehicle assigned
- Paid time off
- Professional mentorship and coaching
- Paid professional memberships and licensure
- Safety & hazard training
- First aid & CPR training
- Company celebrations and social events
- Annual employee recognition and gifts
- Special benefits for arts and community events
- Industry-leading technology
- “Blue-Zones” certified healthy workplace and allowance for a gym membership
- Flexible work environment accommodations, valuing work-life balance
- and much more…
Ausland is an equal opportunity employer. We revel in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com or call Ausland’s People Success Department at 541 476 3788.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume. We look forward to connecting with you!