At Ausland Group, our construction project managers are the glue that hold a project together. They ensure that all project resources are mobilized towards achieving world-class results for clients. Through their experience and knowledge, they inspire team members by having a deep understanding of the vision for each project. They navigate challenges with tenacity and creativity, remaining calm under pressure by organizing, prioritizing and concentrating on what they can control each day.
If you want to be part of an integrated team of design and construction professions who are enthusiastic about solving problems and having fun while doing it, APPLY TODAY!
WHO WE ARE:
Headquartered in Grants Pass, Oregon, with offices in Ashland and Eugene, Ausland has been building in Oregon for more than 70 years. But we are not your grandfathers’ engineering and commercial construction company. We have a progressive vision for designing and building projects. We are taking team integration and innovation—the hallmarks of “world-class development”—and applying those principles on a local scale.This unique approach has ignited our growth and positioned us for huge opportunities ahead. We are the only firm in our market with architects, engineers, construction workers and other professionals working together under one roof. We’ve broken down the typical silos between the design team and builders to collaboratively solve problems to put our clients’ interests first. The results are clear—we provide better outcomes for our clients!
Think you could make a great addition to our team? APPLY TODAY!
This is a salaried, full time position with benefits.
It is the responsibility of the project manager to lead (organize, supervise and coordinate)the project and the on-site staff (daily communication with superintendents on each operating project is expected) in order to complete the work ahead of schedule, under budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. It is also the project manager’s responsibility to serve as the AUSLAND representative with respect to the owner/designer/builder team. In the performance of this function, it is the project manager’s responsibility to protect and promote AUSLAND’S interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to execute the duties and responsibilities assigned which include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Lead creation of work plans and CPM schedules in collaboration with estimating and other project staff.
- Manage administration of CPM schedules in collaboration with project team.
- Inspire/lead entire project team for the most expedient production and completion of work in harmony with cost, quality and quantity factors.
- Oversee high performance/progressive production of field staff through close collaboration with Superintendent.
- Monitor and control cost through proactive management.
- Provide leadership to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with all those involved in the project.
- Meet at regular intervals with the owner and designer to keep them current to the status/progress of the work.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the contract documents, prime contract, and subcontracts.
- Organize and train the on-site staff to the requirements of the project, and to assure that those individuals whose functions require the knowledge and understanding of certain documents and procedures, receive and understand that information.
- In collaboration with estimating and project team ensure drawings and specifications are examined, prior to beginning construction, for design deficiencies, impractical details, and possible code violations. Through proper channels bring deficiencies to timely resolution.
- Ensure that requisitions for subcontracts and purchase orders are prepared and submitted on a timely basis, including negotiation and drafting of agreements in collaboration with estimating staff.
- Assist site staff in the expedition and coordination of supply of materials, equipment, and labor.
- See that the prescribed (or necessary) quality control measures are implemented and maintained.
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining timely, orderly, and efficient project document flow [i.e.: RFIs, submittals, change orders]
- Manage change order process, including: estimating, pricing, narrative drafting, and negotiation.
- Manage initial client, trade contractor, and supplier dispute resolution.
- Protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality.
- Assure each project staff member understands their responsibilities.
Oversee implementation and ongoing compliance with project safety requirements: i.e.: project specific safety plans, fall protection plans, MSDS documentation, etc.
- To establish and maintain AUSLAND’S administrative procedures as they relate to the project, including, but not limited to:
- Applications for payment – assist administration to authorize and expedite payments from Owners and to subcontractors.
- Project status – work with construction operations director to ensure management is informed as to the progress of the project, its financial status and current owner and designer relations.
- Risk management – assist administration to ensure various risk management functions: insurance, safety, labor relations and State or Federal government wage or employment regulations are met.
- Forecasting – work with construction operations director to update/reconcile cost forecasts.
- Changes - ensure that additional project costs are claimed, submitted, and accounted for in a timely manner.
- Strong construction leadership and management skills.
Proficiency with typical industry software, such as: Sage Timberline, Procore, Primavera Scheduling, Microsoft Office Suite
- Adaptability to work within various project delivery models.
- Ability to type/key a minimum of sixty (60) words per minute.
- Proficiency in business English.
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities, work under pressure, meet deadlines.
- Ability to lift and move up to 45 lbs. occasionally.
- Sitting (or driving) in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), i.e.: using a keyboard.
- Communication using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about a construction site including, but not limited to: climbing ladders and scaffold, and walk over uneven terrain.
- B.S. Degree in Construction Engineering Management or Civil Engineering from an ACCE or ABET accredited institution.
- At least five years of progressive experience in commercial construction project management.
- CPR/AED certificate (within six months of hire)
- 30 hour OSHA training (within six months of hire)
- LEED AP or LEED training (encouraged but not mandatory)
- BIM training is encouraged (encouraged but not mandatory)
- Valid driver’s license and reasonable driving record
Ausland offers world class benefits to match our world class vision to bring world class development, locally scaled for our community. Generous PTO plan, competitive salaries, matching 401k, (roth and traditional 401k), urgent care memberships, gym reimbursement, $50,000 in paid life insurance, health, dental, vision and supplemental insurances. Our culture is a big benefit and we have fun with local events such as Britt, summer/winter parties, department team building, Blue Zone wellness plans and paid educational training and more.
To bring world-class development, locally scaled for our community.
Demonstrates, through behavior, Ausland’s values of Integration, Innovation, Resourcefulness and Tenacity.
We hire Fearless Winners, Problem Solvers, People Aligned with our Vision and Core Values and individuals that are Enthusiastic about their work.
Ausland is an equal opportunity employer. We revel diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We eagerly await your cover letter and resume.