Director of Commercial Construction
POSITION TITLE: Director of Commercial Construction
REPORTING TO: CEO
LOCATION: Grants Pass
Ausland Group is a design-build construction and consulting company, with roots in the industry dating back to 1947. We work in both the public and private sectors, for buildings, structures, urban places, and civil infrastructure. We have been involved in exciting projects such as: AllCare Health Headquarters (Grants Pass), Southern Oregon University – Expansion for the Performing Arts & new Headquarters for Jefferson Public Radio, and Venue 252 Event Center in Eugene and Knight Library – University of Oregon Campus. Ausland Group thrives on a strong culture that celebrates technical proficiency, fosters client advocacy and serves the community.
This is a salaried, full time position with benefits.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
It is the responsibility of the Director of Commercial Construction to lead deployment, integration and execution of the management programs, controls, standards and priorities within the Commercial Construction division of Development Operations, and company wide with respect to global risk management and cross departmental controls. In the performance of this function, it is the Director’s responsibility to protect and promote AUSLAND’S interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to execute the duties and responsibilities assigned which include, but are not limited to, the following.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
GLOBAL COMPANY CONTROLS
• Provide support and serve as intermediary of CEO in execution and oversight of legal risk management functions of company. Work closely with CEO, tracking ongoing matters and controlling interface with top level “backstop” decision making.
• Oversee company wide contract controls.
• Advise and assist CEO in development and refinement of company controls. Oversee implementation and execution.
• Oversee alignment and integration of company wide controls. Work closely with Directors to coordinate efforts towards vision.
• Drive integration, collaboration and accountability company wide.
COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION CONTROLS
• Work with CEO overseeing Commercial Construction Planning and Construction functions of Development Operations under authority of CEO.
• Work closely with CEO, tracking ongoing matters and controlling interface with top level “backstop” decision making.
• Oversee measurement and accountability functions of key managers and staff. Work with CEO to identify, troubleshoot, and implement corrective actions.
• Work with Sr Project Managers in driving business side of operations – bottom line accountability.
• Ensure technical functions of department are consistently executed efficiently and with skill. (work planning, CPM scheduling, cost accounting, change management, budget management, staffing plans, project communication, documentation, craft productivity, etc.
• Ensure programs, controls, and standards are in place and functioning.
• Assist CEO with the alignment and execution of vision, objectives, and initiatives of company.
• Provide leadership to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships.
• Work with People Success to identify, troubleshoot, and implement training and mentorship programs and initiatives.
• Serve as Project Manager when required to fill staffing gaps and keep “head in the work” of Construction.
Certificates & Licenses:
• Valid driver’s license and reasonable driving record
• CPR/AED certificate (within six months of hire)
• 30-hour OSHA training (within six months of hire)
Education & Experience:
Any combination of the following ideal education and experience deemed equivalent may be considered:
• BS degree in construction management or civil engineering from an ACCE or ABET accredited institution,
• at least five years of progressive experience in commercial construction project management, and
• at least three years of progressive experience in operations management.
• Strong leadership skills and understanding of operations controls within construction or related process focused industry.
• Fundamental understanding of commercial construction industry.
• Fundamental understanding of contracts and legal matters. Ability to converse and problem solve fluidly regarding such matters.
• Proficiency with typical industry software, such as:
• Sage Timberline
• Primavera Scheduling Software
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to type/key a minimum of thirty (30) words per minute.
• Proficiency in business English.
• Ability to be flexible with changing priorities, work under pressure, meet deadlines.
• Ability to lift and move up to 45 lbs. occasionally.
• Sitting (or driving) in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
• Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), i.e.: using a keyboard.
• Communication using the spoken word.
• Ability to see within normal parameters.
• Ability to hear within normal range.
• Ability to move about a construction site including, but not limited to: climbing ladders and scaffold, and walk over uneven terrain.
This job description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities. It does not include other duties required, as may be assigned.
Opportunity to work in a professional, growing construction company with our unique world class design build collaboration. Benefits include competitive salary, bonus potential, Health benefits (medical, dental, vision), life and AD&D insurance, FSA-Health and Dependent Savings Plan, PTO-Paid Time Off, Health club membership, 401-k retirement plan plus employer matching, employee training, and company social events. Be part of Ausland’s Culture Engagers, (ACE) where we inspire teamwork, collaborations and being a World Class Employer. The Ausland Group celebrates and values each of its employees.
To bring world class development, locally scaled for our community.
Demonstrates, through behavior, Ausland’s values of Integration, Innovation, Resourcefulness and Tenacity.
Ausland is an equal opportunity employer. We revel diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We eagerly await your cover letter and resume – please email to email@example.com