Do you have a keen ability to conceptualize a construction project and a passion for visualizing potential costly risks? Are you analytical, detail oriented and organized and have the field experience it takes to provide invaluable insights into sequencing of work and materials to provide the best estimate possible? Do you thrive in an environment that promotes open collaboration and continuous learning and development?
If you want to be part of an integrated team of design and construction professions who are enthusiastic about solving problems and having fun while doing it, APPLY TODAY!
WHO WE ARE:
Headquartered in Grants Pass, Oregon, with offices in Ashland and Eugene, Ausland has been building in Oregon for more than 70 years. But we are not your grandfathers’ engineering and commercial construction company. We have a progressive vision for designing and building projects. We are taking team integration and innovation—the hallmarks of “world-class development”—and applying those principles on a local scale.This unique approach has ignited our growth and positioned us for huge opportunities ahead. We are the only firm in our market with architects, engineers, construction workers and other professionals working together under one roof. We’ve broken down the typical silos between the design team and builders to collaboratively solve problems to put our clients’ interests first. The results are clear—we provide better outcomes for our clients!
This is a salaried, full time position with benefits.
The Estimator is responsible for oversight of the estimating process for all construction projects at Ausland. This includes the development of initial schedules, work plans, subcontracting plans, and material procurement for projects to be transitioned to the Project Management team for buyout and construction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and execute estimating processes to ensure that bids/estimates are comprehensive, manage risk, and completed on-time.
- Drive competitive results for estimating endeavors, with a winning attitude.
- Prepare estimates at various stages of design for a variety of delivery methods (GC, D-B, and CM-GC).
- Assign estimating requirements to support staff for each project, based on schedule and needs.
- Coordinate technical proposal requirements with business development/marketing departments.
- Develop initial project schedules and work plans, as required for strategy and value-based bidding.
- Communicate project risks and approach to risks to President/CEO.
- Build positive relationships and alliances with subcontractor and supplier community.
- Develop scope letters with qualifications/assumptions to accompany estimates and assist with proposal presentation.
- Perform detailed quantity-takeoff, labor estimates, and work plans for self-perform scopes of work (carpentry and concrete).
- Maintain & update on a quarterly basis the databases used for conceptual and hard bids within the precision.
- Provide value analysis of plans & specifications including coordination, completeness, & clarity.
- Actively participate in industry, client and community relations to enhance company image.
- Travel to job-sites for bid-walks.
- Supervise Bid Administrator if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction management, or related major.
- Valid driver’s license and reasonable driving record
- 10+ years’ experience in Commercial Building or Industrial Construction Industry.
- 5+ years’ experience in construction Cost Estimating of projects of various sizes, from $500,000 to over $10,000,000.
- Ability to quickly read and understand blueprints/plans.
- Thorough knowledge of building technologies and practices including Green building.
- Ability to define schedules and job sequencing.
- Ability to see difficult problems in the planning phase.
- Strong executive presence with an ability to build relationships in a professional manner.
- Team player with ability to collaborate with a wide variety of personnel.
- Ability to work with a high volume of work within tight deadlines and thrive under pressure.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, Scheduling, and Estimating software. We are willing to train in Sage Timberline Project Management software
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
- Consistently meets deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude with the energy to fulfill all job responsibilities with integrity and excellence.
Certificates & Licences
- Valid driver’s license and reasonable driving record
- 10-hour OSHA training
- Ability to lift and move up to 45 lbs. occasionally.
- Sitting (or driving) in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), i.e.: using a keyboard.
- Communication using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about.
Ausland offers world class benefits to match our world class vision to bring world class development, locally scaled for our community. Generous PTO plan, competitive salaries, matching 401k, (roth and traditional 401k), urgent care memberships, gym reimbursement, $50,000 in paid life insurance, health, dental, vision and supplemental insurances. Our culture is a big benefit and we have fun with local events such as Britt, summer/winter parties, department team building, Blue Zone wellness plans and paid educational training and more.
To bring world class development, locally scaled for our community.
Demonstrates, through behavior, Ausland’s values of Integration, Innovation, Resourcefulness and Tenacity.
Ausland is an equal opportunity employer. We revel diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We eagerly await your cover letter and resume – please email to email@example.com