Are you an experienced Concrete Finisher frustrated with the misalignment found in a traditional design-bid-build process? Do you aspire to join a company focused on delivering world-class design and construction, locally scaled - we cannot wait to hear from you! At Ausland, our in-house design-build team works together throughout the entire project to find innovative solutions so that you can focus on what you do best, delivering extraordinary project outcomes to our clients.
Ausland attracts the most talented tradespeople and design/construction professionals in the region with our innovative project approach, integrated and fun culture. We have incredible office locations, just minutes away from world-class fly fishing, outdoor activities, and live music.
The Concrete Finisher is a skilled tradesperson that self-performs works of the Concrete Division.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- All aspects of concrete structures including foundations, elevated formwork cycles, cranes, layout, and controls, placing, consolidating, and finishing concrete best practices.
- Must understand & implement basic concrete principles such as concrete mix designs, admixtures, curing, cold and hot weather procedures for concrete placing and finishing, formwork systems, etc.
- Smooth out concrete in segments to ensure the concrete poured is level.
- Arrange the concrete forms, spread concrete, smooth high spots, and fill depressions, wash away excess concrete.
- Make concrete beams, columns, and panels.
- Use wood or plastic forms to shape the concrete and hold it until it is set.
- Use machines that vibrate concrete to fill air pockets and use groovers and hand trowels to spread concrete.
- Two years or more experience in commercial concrete construction with a proven track record of increased oversight and responsibility.
- Operate with integrity and be a part of a team that diverse levels of skill sets, provide on the job training and mentoring while ensuring quality and accountability.
- Ability to read, estimate, and construct concrete structures in accordance with construction drawings, specifications and apply best practices in the field.
- Understand construction project scheduling, estimating, material procurement, and site construction.
- Always adhere to all Safety Regulations.
- Ability to finish concrete at an architectural and structural level.
- Ability to lift and move up to 45 lbs.
- Sitting (or driving), using hands, arm, & fingers, standing, climbing ladders/stairs & scaffold, and walk over uneven terrain.
- Communication using the spoken word, ability to see within normal parameters, and hear within a normal range.
- Pass drug screening test.
- Valid driver’s license and reasonable driving record.
- At least two years of progressive experience in commercial construction field labor supervision.
- 10-hour OSHA training (within six months of hire).
- First Aid/CPR a plus.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred, but not mandatory.
Vision: To bring world-class development, locally scaled for our community.
Core Values: Demonstrates, through behavior, Ausland’s values of integration, innovation, resourcefulness, and tenacity.
- Highly competitive salary and bonuses
- Health Insurance, 401k, vacation pay, $50,000 life policy and more
- Blue-Zones certified workplace and allowance for a gym membership
- Professional development workshops
- A world-class team to work with, with no silos across the company
Ausland is an equal opportunity employer. We revel in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com or call Ausland’s People Success Department at 541.482.0923. More details on the official job description.
CULTURE OF CARE - PLEDGE:
to hire and pay based on skill and experience regardless of ethnicity, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation
prospective employees by creating inclusive workplaces that are free from harassment, hazing, and bullying
high-performing employees by identifying and removing barriers to advancement
every employee to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion
We eagerly await your cover letter and resume!